Wednesday, 10 December 2008

Improved perspective?

Perhaps, but worse shadow!

Tuesday, 9 December 2008


Thanks to Matrix at for linking to this blog ( and to the 144 people who dropped by today on the back of this.

I did send an email to last night letting them know what I'm up to but have yet to hear back...

Patching, patching... 1, 2, 3.....

Both the modular project and another "yet-to-be-revealed-waiting-in-the-wings" project will both need interconnects (patch leads). Today I wrote a small Visual Basic application which can, given a pair of coordinates, generate a patch lead of appropriate length and curvature to join up 2 jack sockets. The image above shows what it created when told to generate 22 random cables. OK, it's fairly stylized and gravity's not taken into consideration, but all-in-all a satisfactory result.

Monday, 8 December 2008

New Module: 8 Channel Mixer

A new '8 Channel Mixer' module today alongside various other small improvements such as better screws, better environment, better LEDs, no wavy floor!

Joe at work reckons that the perspective is bad (over-exaggerated) in this render (and all the others - thanks Joe!). I'll see if I can sort something out tomorrow to improve it.

Improved Cabinet

The cabinet has now been redesigned to use four separate pieces of 'wood'. This allows for different (more realistic) grain directions. Also note the new bent-back edges to the modules.

Sunday, 7 December 2008

Four Modules Complete

A close up of the (almost) completed modules. I really must get rid of that distracting wobbly floor!

A New Module: Instument Interface

I spent some time modelling a toggle switch and needed a new unit to test it on so went with a copy of the Instrument Interface.

22U Cabinet + 4U and 8U Blanks

The cabinet scales nicely to 22U (with a rough wood finish that needs more work). Created 4U and 8U blanks just to fill the gaps.